Knowledge Base

How can I report suspected child abuse?

Category: Detective Services

It is critical that child abuse and suspected child abuse be reported to the police department as soon as possible. If you suspect that child abuse is occurring, please call the following phone numbers:

  • If the child abuse is in progress, dial 911. 
  •  To report suspected child abuse not in progress, dial 720-977-5150

After the report is received, Thornton police and the Adams County Department of Social Services will conduct an investigation to determine the facts. Child abuse is a serious matter that should be reported immediately. Your cooperation is very much appreciated.  

Updated 2/28/2018 4:03 PM
Was this page helpful? Yes No
Thanks for your feedback!