Knowledge Base

What do I do if I have an accident when the police department is on accident alert?

Category: Patrol Services
During an accident alert, exchange information unless any of the following has occurred: injury or death, a hit and run, a crash that blocks or closes a roadway, if either driver appears to be DUI, if one of both parties involved have no proof of insurance, or if a government vehicle is involved.  If any of those have occurred, call 9-1-1 or Thornton Police Dispatch at 720-977-5150.  If the damage is over $1,000, go to the police department to make a report.  It is also recommended that you contact your insurance company as soon as possible after the accident.
Updated 3/30/2018 11:06 AM
Was this page helpful? Yes No
Thanks for your feedback!