Knowledge Base

How do I report a dead animal?

Category: Dead Animals

If you wish to report a deceased stray animal within the Thornton City limits please call the Thornton Communications Center non-emergency number, 720-977-5150. If the deceased animal presents a dangerous hazard please call 911. You may also submit a My Thornton request, but the request may not be dispatched to an animal control officer until the next business day.  

It is the responsibility of a pet owner to properly dispose of any deceased pet.  Deceased pets may be disposed of by taking the animal to the Adams County Animal Shelter and paying a disposal fee, or the pet may be taken to any animal hospital. .  If you need advice or assistance with the disposal of your animal please request through the Communications Center that an animal control officer contact you.

Updated 4/2/2018 9:01 AM
Was this page helpful? Yes No
Thanks for your feedback!