Knowledge Base

Where can I find information about homelessness?

If you are experiencing homelessness, we are here to help.  Call Community Connections at 720-977-5800, send an email to, or visit their webpage which includes resources for people experiencing homelessness.  You can also submit a request via My Thornton.

If you are concerned about becoming homeless due to eviction, foreclosure or not being able to afford your rent, please contact one of the housing assistance providers listed under the Housing Assistance page on Thornton Cares.

If you have safety concerns about people who are homeless, please contact the Thornton Police Department by calling 9-1-1 or you can text 9-1-1 if you are unable to make a voice call: 

  • Enter the numbers "9-1-1" in the "To" field
  • In the message field, state your emergency to 9-1-1- list the location and type of help needed
  • Push the send button
  • Be prepared to answer questions and follow instructions from the 9-1-1 call taker
Updated 8/5/2020 7:51 PM
Was this page helpful? Yes No
Thanks for your feedback!