What kinds of arts and humanities activities are available in Thornton?
The best way to stay in touch with Arts and Culture in Thornton is to subscribe to our monthly newsletter. Subscribe here or visit our website ArtsThornton.com or find us on social media #ARTSTHORNTON
The Arts and Culture Division plans and programs arts and humanities in the community and is responsible for a variety of City sponsored programs such as:
- Twist and Shout Summer Concert Series
- Public Art – Traffic box murals, outdoor sculpture, etc.
- Funtaztikidz (free arts and culture events for kids)
- Art 4 < $100 Sales
- Oz Gallery - fine arts exhibition space at Thornton Arts & Culture Center
- The Galleries at Thornton Active Adult Center and Thornton Economic Development
- Various cultural programs throughout the year
The division serves as the City liaison to the Thornton Arts, Sciences and Humanities Council (TASHCO), a non-profit citizen committee appointed by City Council to administer grant funding and to serve the community in the selection of visual art and involvement in various cultural events.
Our mission is to educate, entertain and involve all people in the arts and humanities.