Knowledge Base

Can yard waste, leaves, garbage or other rubbish be burned in Thornton?

The burning of residential yard waste such as heavy tree limbs, leaves, garbage, or other rubbish is not allowed in the City of Thornton and there is no recognized agricultural purpose for the burn. Agricultural burning requires a permit. 

For more information, please call our main phone number at 303-538-7602, or visit the Fire Department website.  

Updated 8/7/2020 12:56 PM
Was this page helpful? Yes No
Thanks for your feedback!