Knowledge Base

How can I report problems with noise?

Category: Noise Regulations

Noise concerns should be reported when the problem is actually occurring. If you are currently being affected by excessive or unreasonable noise, please report it to the Police Dispatch Center at 720-977-5150.  Requests submitted using this system will not be seen or addressed until the next business day.

The City Code includes specific allowances for certain activities that generate noise, including construction activities and trash removal. Construction activities are allowed from 6 a.m. until 9 p.m. on all days of the week. Deliveries and trash collection may occur from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m., and snow removal equipment can operate beginning at 5 a.m. If you have a general question about noise issues, please call 720-977-5150.

For additional information on City Code requirements, click here.

To view the Thornton City Code, click here.

Updated 6/1/2021 3:58 PM
Was this page helpful? Yes No
Thanks for your feedback!