How do I qualify for the Original Thornton Streetside Transition Program?
Original Thornton customers who had trash and recycle services recently switched from alley collection to streetside collection are eligible for up to $400 in assistance to help eliminate access and storage issues.
To qualify, residents must be an existing Original Thornton trash and recycle customer with alley access and meet one (1) of the following:
- Have a storage container issue
- Unsuitable or unstable place to store container(s) near the house, due to mud, uneven ground, etc.
- Have an access issue
- No gate to access the street from the backyard storage container location
- Too narrow of a gate for a container to fit
- Visibility issue
- Containers can be seen from the street
Prior to any work, the city will review the issue and proposed solution. Once approved, the resident may:
- Perform the work themselves or through a contractor of their choice and be reimbursed up to $400 (receipts must be submitted within 6 months of approval).
- Request up to $400 of the work be performed by a city contractor (timeline for work may vary).
Reimbursement is offered on a first-come, first-served basis. Apply by June 30, 2022.
To apply for the Original Thornton Streetside Transition Program, please submit a My Thornton request.
Please call 720-977-6200 for questions. Thank you.